Thursday, May 15, 2008

I know stuff about drugs

Today I was at work, working (I know that kinda sounds like a gimme, but trust me: unless you're me, or a small, select group of others, it is NOT) when Stephanie, one of the keyers calls my office (read: CAVE) and says, "Hello?"

"Hello!" I say, making an effort to be cheerful despite the fact that I am really in the mood to either crash to the floor or drink a whole urn of coffee.

"Do you have any Tylenol #4 back there?" she says.

"Nope!" I say confidently, because I do not.

"No?" Stephanie says. "Okay. Thanks."

And then she hangs up.

And then it occurs to me that I did not even know there was such a thing as Tylenol #4, or "acetaminophen with quite THAT much codeine!"

There is.

In fact, I didn't even know there was such a thing as Tylenol #1. I guess it stood to reason that there would be, since there's #2 and #3. But all I know about those is that no one ever gets #2 and that #3 has a big "3" on it and comes in really handy if someone takes out all your wisdom teeth. (In my case, there were 3 of them. How interesting...)

In case you were curious, Tylenols #1, 2, 3 and 4 contain, respectively, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 and 1 grain of codeine.

Also in case you were curious, Platypi have venom in their hind claws and it's possibly that only half of a shark brain sleeps while the other half is awake, and then they switch. And I love Wikipedia. And Target.

-C

No comments: