Sunday, July 6, 2008

A complete list of who is great

It's really hard to compile a list of who all is great, because it seems like every day, you're reminded of someone who is, or someone new who is pops up on your radar. Like, I totally forgot about the cast of "WKRP in Cincinnati" for a while, and they're all great. So in April, if I'd tried to make a list of who is great, though I probably would have remembered Howard Hesseman, because he's in "Clue," and probably Tim Reid, because he was on "That 70s Show," I might have forgotten some others. In brief, an incomplete list.

Also, until the other day, I didn't know about the show "Clean House," so I wouldn't have been able to put the cast of that on a list of who is great. So while there are people who you'll remember, like Anderson Cooper or Mark McKinney or Rick Moranis or Bruce Dern or whoever, there will be names that just escape you. Like just now, I remembered Dave Barry. Dave Barry! How the hell did that get away from me?! Also, Michael Hedges. That guy was awesome! Rhea Perlman... Christopher Cross... Marc Chagall....

You see what I'm saying? You don't hear from people for a while, and they always pop up in your brain with a ton of frequency. So it's a difficult list to make. And... there's no accounting for taste.

No comments: