Sunday, October 5, 2008

Further ganks from facebook: on zombies.

Thanks to all who have weighed in on my Resident Evil/Silent Hill question. Please keep responses and theories coming. I consider this research.

So can we talk about zombies for a second? I'm actually scared of them, or at least at what a zombie apocalypse would entail. I almost entirely blame Edgar Wright for this, since I don't remember being so concerned about it before seeing "Shaun of the Dead."

Well, Emily brought up preparation over trepidation today on twitter with this site:

http://www.uncrate.com/men/style/tees-polos/prepare-tshirts/

Notice how the ZOMBIE shirt is more expensive than the robot shirt. Why is that? It's obviously because we should be more worried about zombies than the killer robots. And I am. Much more worried. So should you be.

Says who? Says me, and also says a bunch of people here http://www.zombiesurvivalwiki.com/

I searched out this site and visited it out of curiosity. From looking through it a bit, however, I am fairly convinced that some people are quite serious about zombie emergency preparedness, and have given it a lot more thought than other matters, such as who they're going to vote for in the next presidential election. I am very unprepared by these folks' standards. I do not have a go bag prepared, nor do I own any firearms (I don't think that softair pistol counts) or even a cricket bat. I have been meaning to get one. Maybe eBay?

Many of these very prepared people are 100% certain that they could survive a zombie apocalypse, and not have a lot of trouble negotiating the challenges that go with it. I think they should think it through a little more deeply. Just using Edgar Wright's offending film as a benchmark, consider this: popping stranger-zombies, even your asshole flatmate is one thing. But what if you had to deal with your zombified mom?

At present, I do wish to state that I agree with Steven's assessment of the current zombie situation. Zombies do not exist. To that, I will add the following: That we know of! Yet!

P.S. Yes. You can get cricket bats on eBay.

No comments: