Sunday, September 7, 2008

I think it's perfectly clear we've got the wrong Palin...

I was reading Avi's brilliant "Pirates of Penzance" blog the other day, enjoying the "modern major general" parody in the extreme, laughing like a psychotic robot, etc. So I went back to reread it today--just now in fact--and as I was skimming the intro, I got to the word "Palin" and I immediately thought "Michael."

And THEN I thought, "WOW! This song WOULD be great if Michael Palin sang it! With a chorus of...well, anyone, really! I LOVE Michael Palin! I LOVE Monty Python! I really need to watch "Life of Brian" again! I should buy that "Holy Grail" DVD with the two extra minutes of material or whatever! I wonder if I can get the "Holy Grail" video game for Mac! I...oh wait a minute."

And then it dawned on me.

Wrong Palin.

There's another Palin.

Ooooog.

Oh, Michael Palin.

Save me.

And my banjo.

And Fry.

And yourself, I guess.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Yeah.... and why do modern politics remind me of "The Dead Parrot Sketch".


"He's not dead... he's just resting. Noweigian Blue there....."

~Steve